A Minimal Approach to Michigan Spring



Michigan weather has a tendency to be quite unpredictable. In the past, I can remember running Sparta High School Varsity Soccer's daily two miles on the cross country track during a 90 degree March day and walking from the bus to my residence hall during a blizzard-like April evening. The spontaneous nature of this great state can often make for hard fashion choices that may or may not align with the designated season. I may be ready to transition to shorts, tank tops, and sandals; however, Michigan has slightly different plans. Today, after glancing at the weather app on my phone, I opted for tan sandals, black jeans, a white button down, and a jean jacket. Thankfully, after the morning chill wore off I was able to lose the jacket. 

I really love this look and its minimalistic appearance. It's simple, yet put together, and perfect for a day spent getting coffee and learning a little bit more about the beautiful city I call home. 

What I'm Wearing: Shirt: Urban Outfitters (similar here), Jean Jacket: Levi's, Jeans: Urban Outfitters (similar here)

Photos: Emily Maltman

No comments