Lyon Street Café: A Grand Rapids Favorite


There is something very calming about being back in Grand Rapids. In a way, returning to all of my old favorite spots makes me feel as though I never left. Almost instantly after unpacking all of the bags and boxes that traveled home with me from Ann Arbor, I made a visit to Lyon Street Café for a cup of coffee and some conversation with my best friend, Emily. 

Lyon Street is relatively new to the Grand Rapids coffee sphere (opening just last year), but has earned its place as one of my absolute favorites. Not only is the coffee delicious and the baristas exceptionally friendly, but the café hosts a very appealing variety of dessert options (many of which are gluten free and vegan). As someone who is currently vegan and considering the possibility of making the permanent lifestyle shift, I find these offerings to be very refreshing. 


Next time you're looking for a place to catch up with a friend or get some work done, be sure to settle in at Lyon Street with a mocha and a cupcake. You definitely won't be disappointed.


No comments